Charles Spurgeon's "Faith's Checkbook" Devotional for October 10

 Charles Spurgeon's "Faith's Checkbook" Devotional for October 10

“Open Door of Communion ”

- Revelation 3:8

Saints who remain faithful to the truth of God have an open door before them. My soul, thou hast resolved to live and die by that which the LORD has revealed in His Word, and therefore before thee stands this open door.

I will enter in by the open door of communion with God. Who shall say me nay? Jesus has removed my sin and given me His righteousness; therefore I may freely enter. LORD, I do so by Thy grace.

I have also before me an open door into the mysteries of the Word. I may enter into the deep things of God. Election, union to Christ, the Second advent-all these are before me, and I may enjoy them. No promise and no doctrine are now locked up against me.

An open door of access is before me in private and an open door of usefulness in public. God will hear me; God will use me. A door is opened for my onward march to the church above, and for my daily fellowship with saints below. Some may try to shut me up or shut me out, but all in vain.

Soon shall I see an open door into heaven: the pearl gate will be my way of entrance, and then I shall go in unto my LORD and King and be with God eternally shut in.

Bibliography

Charles Spurgeon (1834–1892) was an English Particular Baptist preacher, born in Kelvedon, England. From 1854 until his death he was pastor in London of the New Park Street Chapel, later renamed the Metropolitan Tabernacle. In 1856 he founded the Pastors' College, later Spurgeon's College, and he also founded the Stockwell Orphanage. His many books include the devotionals "Morning and Evening" and "The Cheque Book of the Bank of Faith" (presented here as Faith's Checkbook), and "The Treasury of David."

Sources: Wikipedia
Copyright Statement
These files are public domain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charles Spurgeon's "Faith's Checkbook" Devotional for January 1

Wayside Chapel Daily Devotional 1st January 2026